Monday, January 3, 2011

1/2/11 Desperate Housewives/Brothers & Sisters

Desperate Housewives – Assassins
     Oh Orson, go F yourself.  “Judy kicked me out, can I stay with you?”  UMMMM, NO. NO. No. No, no, no, no.  The ensuing food fight was great though, and did make me laugh.  Bree is so much better suited to Orson, but Keith seems to bring out a fun side to her that Orson doesn’t touch,  I am glad Orson got to see her with Keith in a moment where she let her guard down and showed her true feelings for Keith. 
     I think Gaby is starting to have a breakdown of some kind.  While I completely understand Carlos’ point of view, he didn’t bond with Grace like Gabby did.  And while the therapist may have been right about what will help Juanita, I don’t think any of them have taken into account what Gabby is going through.  This is a really difficult situation, and I agree, and disagree, with everyone involved, to one degree or another.
     Susan refused to accept that things have to change, and instead of following the advice of her nurse, and her doctor, and insisted on taking MJ for ice cream.  So, instead of him being scared she might die, he was traumatized by watching her have a seizure on the hospital hallway floor.  I would say that is a much worse option.  I wanted to slap her for this, for not listening to the professionals and thinking she knew better.  It would be a better show without her, but there is no way Susan is going to die.  So now we get to see her deal with dialysis and being ill instead.  Uggh, not like Susan was frail enough before, now it’s going to be even worse.  And would someone PLEASE buy Mike a razor.  I know he was in Alaska, but he is back now; shave for goodness sake.  Carlos did, and he looks 10 years younger because of it.
     Paul now knows that his wife is Felicia’s daughter.  He is obviously going to use this to his advantage somehow in the future, although I don’t think he knows yet what he is going to do with the information.  I think a part of him may be hurt by what I am sure he sees as a betrayal, and we all know a hurt Paul is like a hurt animal:  he will strike out to protect himself.

Brothers & Sisters – Scandalized
     I LOVED Seth’s personalized ringtone for his mother.  The scream really cracked me up.
     Scotty and Kevin giving back their baby in their role-playing made me tear up.  Those two have more emotional resonance with me than anyone else on this show.  For me, Scotty is really the heart of their relationship, and he has the biggest heart of any of the characters.  That may be why I identify with him and feel for them as a couple.  I teared up again when they realized the little girl, Olivia chose them.  I really hope they end up with her!
     The dinner Nora hosted was one of the most uncomfortable dinners they have had on this show in a long time.  Carl was seriously a douche and I hope that was the last we see of him.  I love the actor and want Nora to be happy, but he is not right for her.
     Did I miss something with Justin?  Last I remember he said he wanted to be an EMT, and now he is one?  Did he just walk in and say, I want to be an EMT, I was a medic in the war, and they just put him on an ambulance?  Same thing for his relationship with Annie, it feels rushed and forced.  It feels like time has supposedly gone forward much faster for Justin than for the other characters for some reason.  It just feels weird and rushed and odd somehow.
     If they ever do a spin-off of this show, I hope they take Scotty and Kevin and give them their own show.  I would watch that for sure.  I think Scotty running a restaurant, Kevin being a lawyer, with full lives and careers and family life, and the process of fostering and adopting a slightly older child would be a great show.  Yep, I would watch that.

No comments:

Post a Comment