Wednesday, January 5, 2011

1/4/10 - No Ordinary Family/V/Parenthood/CHANGES

No Ordinary Family – No Ordinary Friends
     To be completely honest, I watched this as it aired live, thinking I would re-watch it and pay closer attention to what was going on, but I don’t want to re-watch.  So, I am not going to.
     I love Rich Schroder, but even he couldn’t keep me interested in this episode.  I really do want to like this show, because I think Julie Benz is great, and I like Michael Chiklis.  I actually like the entire cast, and don’t know why this show just isn’t gelling for me.  I don’t know if it’s the writing, the special effects, the overall premise of the show, or what, but I am not at all invested in these people.  I couldn’t care less about the overall mystery, and already feel like the storylines are getting repetitive.
     The only thing that really interested me in this episode was that “Joshua,” aka The Watcher, finally told Dr King he is done being his spy/bitch.  He told him the powers were coming at too high a cost, and it seemed he actually really wants to be with Katie.  Of course, just as he makes the decision, Katie found Stephanie’s “secret powers journal” in his clothes, right after he deflowered her, and now she is going to feel betrayed and hurt and angry.
     Last question for right now:  Why did they have “Joshua” erase Daphne’s memory just to have her regain it in the first minutes of this episode?  I guess she still doesn’t know what happened that led up to her memory loss, since that wasn’t something anyone else experienced, but why couldn’t he have just erased that portion of her memory.
     I will keep watching this show for the rest of the season, but I honestly don’t see myself coming back to it next year, should there be a season 2.

V – Red Rain
     It feels like this show has been gone forever and I am glad it’s back.  I am glad ABC stuck with this show and gave it a second season, even if they did
     Tyler’s face melting off due to red acid rain in Erica’s dream was awesome.  I think it may have been one of the most graphic, gross things on network television.  It wasn’t bad if it was a cable show, but it was pretty graphic for network TV.
     The real red rain looked like blood, but wasn’t acid.  I was a bit disappointed LOL.
     Before I say anything else, I have to make an admission here:  I have a mad “girl crush” on Morena Baccarin…  I have, ever since Firefly.  I think she is about as close to a perfect woman as you will find, so don’t expect any negative comments about her or her acting.  I have a bias and am not afraid to admit it.  If it comes to a showdown between Anna and Erica, I will be hoping for an Anna victory, although I do also like Elizabeth Mitchell.
     I am happy for the addition of Bret Harrison as Dr Sidney Miller.  He has a comedy background, most recently he starred in Reaper, and I think he will add a lighter touch to some of the heavier scenes. 
     I am also glad it appears that Chad Decker is going to start working with the 5th Column as a double super-secret agent.  Although, his loyalty seems to shift with the wind, so I still don’t particularly trust that he isn’t going to take all of his intel back to Anna.
     I think this episode did a good job of setting up this season, and it made me look forward to what’s coming next.

Parenthood – Damage Control    
     When did Jabbar turn into a spoiled rotten brat?  He’s always been the cute one, yet this week he was terrible.  I don’t like bratty Jabbar.
     I understood Haddie being upset when her parents said she couldn’t see Alex anymore, but I totally see their point.  However, he really does have his shit together, and has already gone through some of the worst things life can offer.  He will treat her well and they wouldn’t have to worry about him drinking and driving with Haddie in the car.
     I am looking forward to meeting Sarah’s ex-husband.  That’s obviously where they are headed with all this talk about his addictions, as well as Sarah deciding not to date again, ever.
     I didn’t care at all about the dead bird/explaining death to Sydney.
     Sarah’s new motto for 2011 of no more men/relationships and that the year is going to be a good one is going to be my motto.  At least for now!

**** T HE WINDS OF CHANGE ARE COMING TO THIS BLOG!!!****
     As most of you know, this blog has only been in existence since September.  I am still trying things out, seeing what works and what doesn’t, and tossing things against the wall to see what sticks (EWW). 
     Anyway, I am going to try something different.  Because this blog has started to feel more like a second job than a fun little diversion, I am not going to be posting daily commentary on ever show I watch.  I will likely post something most days, but it won’t look like it has up to this point.  On the advice of a friend, I am going to be more casual, and just post when I have something to say.  I may post news, information, opinions, thoughts, etc.  I live in LA, so if I see a celebrity at an event, or on the streets, I will post something.  I will still talk about shows, especially if something really hits me, but it’s not going to be as intense as it has been.
     Give it a few days, then please send me a comment and let me know what you think.  I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment