Monday, November 15, 2010

Desperate Housewives/Brothers & Sisters

Desperate Housewives – Sorry Grateful
     I didn’t really enjoy this week’s episode.  In my opinion, every one of the lead women was strident, except perhaps Bree.  When this show first started, I never thought I would like Bree more than any of the other women, but I have to say this week that seemed to be the case.
     Bree tried to be there for Keith as his parents decided, at Bree’s Thanksgiving dinner table, that they wanted a divorce.  Keith’s father said that it has been a long time coming, but Keith didn’t see it coming, and it shook his faith in marriage.  That may be a good thing for Bree, since Keith has an engagement ring he was obviously planning to propose to Bree.  I don’t believe she would say yes at this point, so maybe it’s a good thing that this has made Keith question his decision to propose.  Also, Keith’s father expressed a bit of interest in Bree, and it certainly seemed to be inappropriate from a man who just separated from his wife, not to mention the father of her boyfriend.  He is more age appropriate for Bree, so my guess would be she will find herself attracted to him as well as to Keith. 
     I am pretty irritated with the rest of the women, and their surrounding storylines.  Because of this, I am not even going to talk about them this week.  This blog is supposed to be fun for me to write, and you to read, and writing about any of the other storylines this week would be neither. 

Brothers & Sisters – The Rhapsody of the Flesh
     I have never been a fan of Sonia Braga.  It’s not that I don’t like her or her work; I just don’t really know any of her work.  I did like her as Luc’s mother here, so I guess that’s a good thing.  I totally understand why Luc doesn’t want her around, doesn’t want her to infiltrate the Walker family, since she wreaked a lot of havoc in one 24 hour period.
     I am glad Nora and Dr. Karl are finally starting to get together.  I am really hopeful they actually work out and last for a while, for two reasons.  First, I think Nora deserves some happiness with a man, and second because I really love John Terry, and am really glad to see him on my television again.
     Poor Kevin and Scotty:  they get two weeks of good screen time because they were in conflict and might break up.  Now they are back together, working on their issues, and back on the backburner.
     Justin spent this episode basically making out with any female in his vicinity.  I kind of understand this:  it’s the first time he has been single, sober, and in the US all at the same time.  He SHOULD enjoy it, but someone needs to explain to him that while that’s okay, don’t do so with women who not only know each other but work together AND work with you.  And don’t stick your tongue down the throat of some woman, whose name you don’t even know, and who is a guest in your mother’s home.  She could just possibly turn out to be your older sister’s fiancée’s mother.

1 comment:

  1. I think Desperate Housewives is poised to jump the shark, and I'm talking the ginormous steroid-laden Jaws kind.

    ReplyDelete