Monday, December 13, 2010

Desperate Housewives/Brothers & Sisters

Desperate Housewives – Down the Block There’s a Riot
     I have been sitting here for hours, doing other things, but all the while trying to come up with something nice to say about this episode.  I think I am jaded when it comes to DH though, since my favorite scene was Susan getting stepped on during the “riot”.
     I know these kinds of things happen, where neighborhood’s protest a possible half way house in their neighborhood, and I totally understand that.  I also understand the mob mentality that comes over people, and how things can get out of control.  I even understand that in her panic about Keith getting beat up Bree would get and fire her gun.  What I don’t get is, as a responsible gun owner, as she has always come across before, how Bree could then turn and point her loaded weapon into the crowd. 
     I know Lynette blames Paul, and Paul told Lynette it was on her, and both are right, but both are also wrong.  People were already on edge, and it may have happened anyway, but I blame Bree.
     Are we supposed to care if Paul lives or dies?  I don’t.  Are we supposed to care about what happened to Susan?  I don’t.  Are we supposed to wonder why Keith’s father Richard freaked out about finishing the back yard?  I don’t, and on this point we probably aren’t supposed to care.  I have a feeling this will never be addressed, and will just be one more thing that was done solely and strictly to keep him there so Keith could come over and beat him up. 
     Obviously we are supposed to care who shot Paul.  I don’t.  I have a theory, a complete and total guess, but I am not going to put it down here.  I don’t want anyone to take my theory as anything more than that, so I am not putting it in writing.  Just be sure that if it plays out the way I think it will, I will say I KNEW IT here.

Brothers & Sisters – Cold Turkey
     Nora’s dream sequence was amusing.  I enjoyed seeing Holly as the step-mother, and Kev as closeted.  It went on just about the perfect amount of time; at least it didn’t drag on through the whole episode.  It was fun to see what she believed her influence on each of her children to be.  I also really enjoyed seeing Kitty with a little meat on her bones, even though she was also dumpy and unkempt. 
     I loved Kevin and Kitty fighting over who would host Christmas, and the fact that in the end neither won, neither lost.  They created the perfect compromise and still had the big Christmas day celebration at Nora’s even though they didn’t know she would be home for dinner. 
     I noticed a cute little wink and nod that I just have to share:  When Kevin and Kitty were on the phone and she was staring at the little Christmas village, one of the buildings, the big one that they pushed in on right at the beginning of the shot, was labeled “Harrison’s Hardware.”  I thought it was a fun, sweet thing for them to do.
     I still don’t understand why Sarah’s office, where she seems to be spending all her time, is at the radio station where Nora works.  It really just does not make any sense to me.
     I felt badly for Saul when he was finally able to confront the man he believes made him HIV+, and the guy, Stephen, didn’t even remember sleeping with him.  Also, I know that was Richard Chamberlain, but I think someone needs to put the breaks on the plastic surgery.  He looked very tight and plastic to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment