Friday, October 15, 2010

Big Bang Theory/Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice/The Mentalist/Fringe

The Big Bang Theory – The Hot Troll Deviation
     Katee Sackhoff and George Takei guest starred, and while I am not usually a fan of stunt casting, these two were perfect as Howard’s fantasy people.  Katee was meant to be his fantasy woman, while George was there, in Howard’s fantasy, as kind of a spoiler.  They were funny, and not afraid to poke a little fun at their sci-fi roots. 
     I am glad Howard and Bernadette are going to start dating again.  I like how sweet she is, and she really softens his annoying edges.
     Raj and Sheldon are working together, and Raj moved a monstrous desk into Sheldon’s office, after Sheldon wouldn’t buy him one from his project budget.  He told Raj he could buy one himself and Raj basically took up more than ¼ of the office space.  They continued to escalate annoying each other in turn, and I don’t think that plot is over.  I have no idea where this story will go, and I don’t even know what they are working on together, but the brief glimpse of them shooting each other with marshmallow guns made me want more.
     Not much of a storyline for Leonard or Penny this week.  There are going to be a couple of eps coming up that Penny won’t be in at all, because Kaley broke her leg and had to be written out of two episodes.  I’ll be interested to see what they say about her absence, since they are not writing her broken leg into the show.

Grey’s Anatomy – Can’t Fight Biology
     Frances Conroy guest starred.  She confessed to intentionally driving into the laundry mat, because she was so angry and jealous of the man to whom she was married, who went to live with another woman.  I totally didn’t expect that, and when she thought she was covered by doctor-patient confidentiality, but was told that only applied to medical information, not legal information, I was amused. 
     What was up with Avery in this episode?  It was like he was trying some Jedi mind trick on Teddy.  He was using his sex appeal and his eyes to work her, to get into surgery and do a procedure.  She totally called him on it though, which was excellent.
     Poor Meredith has a hostile uterus, which seems to be a catch all for fertility problems in women these days.  I have heard it more than once already this season although I can’t remember what other show featured it recently.  I don’t have any idea how common that is, but it seems far more common than I would expect based on what I watch lately.
     I really enjoyed the jealousy and competition that Lexi felt toward April.  Meredith should have seen, and understood, why Lexi was having a difficult time with how close she is getting to April.  Lexi really wants to be Meredith’s go to person, since she IS her sister, and for Mer to be taking April under her wing as she has, while still not embracing Lexi as her sister hurt.  I was glad Lexi told Meredith about her feelings. 
     It’s so nice that there really aren’t many secrets between any of the characters on the show this season.  The shooting last season seems to have knocked some sense into all of them, and knocked the secrets out of them.  It’s good to see some honesty among friends.
     And Cristina and Owen are going to live in an old firehouse!!!! 

Private Practice
A Better Place
to Be
     This episode made me sad.  I feel terrible for Betsy and while I know that none of these doctors are equipped mentally or emotionally to deal with taking Betsy in permanently, but that didn’t make it any easier to watch them let her get put into the system.  I hope that Violet was wrong, and what they did was not a bad thing, but I also don’t think this is the end of the story, that we are going to see Betsy again, and that we are going to find out it was indeed a bad thing.

The Mentalist – The Red Carpet Treatment
     Patrick had to work a case in which a convicted felon was released due to DNA evidence clearing him, and then he was killed.  Eventually we found out that the DNA evidence was faked by the original victim’s husband (Jack Coleman, welcome back to my TV!), and that he had every intention of killing the man who killed his wife once he was released.  The problem was, when he got to the released convict, he had already been killed, by the jealous husband of a woman who had been corresponding with the convict in jail.  It’s complicated enough explaining this much, without getting into even more convoluted detail. 
     Patrick asked the husband if all the waiting, planning, and evidence tampering had been worth it, and the husband said it was.  That was the essential part of this episode, because it reflected Patrick’s own obsession with Red John.  I think it will keep Patrick on course to continue going after Red John, and I don’t think he will stop until he finds him.

Fringe – Do Shapeshifters Dream of Electric Sheep?
     Back in our universe with Fauxlivia this week, but I didn’t feel like anything really happened tonight.  It seemed like a set-up episode for what’s to come, but it didn’t even keep my attention that well.  I am sad to see Newton go, since I am a fan of Sebastian Roche, but I think it had to be done to move the plot ahead.  At least now Walter knows how to get the information discs out of the shapeshifters, so if they capture/disable another one, it will be easier for them to retrieve. 
     Also, it appears Fauxlivia and Peter had sex, as the episode faded out.  I am worried about what’s going to happen to Peter when Olivia comes back, and how this is going to affect his relationship with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment