Tuesday, October 5, 2010

How I Met Your Mother/House/Mike & Molly/The Event/Castle/Hawaii Five-0

How I Met Your Mother – Unfinished
     Barney uses the moves he uses to get a yes from women on Ted, to try and get him to agree to design the GNB building.  My question is, didn’t he already design this building?  He had all the drawings and everything from the last time GNB discussed this, couldn’t they have just paid him for those designs?  I have no idea how much input an architect has once they have created the designs.  Regardless, I am glad Ted decided to take the job.  The three guys all working together may open a whole new area for them to explore.
     “Where’s the poop, Robin?” will probably be in my head for a while.  It wouldn’t have been even close to funny from anyone else, but it was funny from Lily.  I looked at my phone while they were talking about removing contacts, and I know there are contacts in there I won’t ever use, but I also don’t want to delete.  I totally get that!

House – Unwritten
     My first impression was that the author was loosely based on JK Rowlings.  A female author, who writes a long running series of books about a boy with a scar, sounds an awful lot like Rowlings to me.  Maybe not based on Rowlings, but maybe she was an inspiration for the character.
     I loved how accurately the patient, Alice, read Chase and Taub.
     Shout out to Stephen King!  When House called her a dirty birdie, it was a nod to “Misery,” which made me laugh.
     Lupus?  Nope, of course not. 
     I am glad House lied to Alice, and left the lie alone.  She can now go on with her life, believing that here son would have died that day no matter what, and has been able to release the blame she placed on herself, and on her son.

Mike and Molly – First Kiss
     Mike was threatened by the fact that Molly is a strong, smart, capable woman who can actually bowl.  He acted like an ass through most of their date, but then came to apologize, and saved the day when Molly’s sister Victoria was acting like a nut-job.  On their next date, he took her bowling again and finally they had their first kiss.  
    I still really like this show, and am rooting not only for the show to succeed, but for Mike and Molly the characters to succeed as well.  I think they are really cute as a couple. 

The Event – Protect Them From the Truth
     This episode, sadly, didn’t hold my attention as the past couple of episodes have.  I like Jason Ritter in this role, it’s really an unexpected departure for him, but I feel like this was a kind-of bridge episode.  It was an ep that had to happen to get us from point A (him being in custody) to point B (him on the run, on the hunt for Leila, and with Agent Collier’s help). 
     The same can be said for the President Martinez/Sophia storyline, to an extent.  She’s back in custody, and he needs to know about the “sleepers” so this was about how he’s going to try and get the information and how she, and her people, are going to try and stop him. 
     I am glad the plane people are waking up.  I was afraid my Scott Patterson was a goner, but it looks like he is sticking around J
     I haven’t figured out yet, are Vicky and the people she is working with part of the “non-human” sleeper cell, or are they out to stop them?  And if they are out to stop them, who are they and how do they know about the “non-humans”?  Or are they a splinter group of “non-humans”?  And what kind of pithy nickname is someone going to come up with for the “non-humans,” because that’s a bit bulky and awkward LOL.

Castle – Under the Gun
     I liked that we got to see the human side of Beckett in this episode.  Seeing her with her old TO, telling him that she had been in love with him, and that he completely destroyed that, seeing the heartbreak on her face, even as she covered in front of Castle, Ryan, and Esposito, all made her much more three dimensional.  I am glad that they are touching more on her as a person, and not just as a cop, this season.
     The relationship between Castle and his daughter Alexis is so sweet and endearing.  I think the way both actors play that relationship is very natural, and it feels like they have known each other much longer than the three years this show has been on the air.
     I think Nathan Fillion may be the most engaging actor on TV right now.  He has a charm and wit that just comes through in all of his characters, but especially in Castle.  I continue to be so happy for him that he finally found a series that showcases his talent and personality, and that it has lasted more than one season.

Hawaii Five-0 – Malama Ka Aina
     The first 10 seconds of the ep reminded me of Survivor!
     I hope that in the near future, Chin will be exonerated of the charges against him that got him kicked off the force, that he was a dirty cop.
     From my understanding, since I didn’t watch the original H50, the explanation Steve gave tonight about the Five-0 was pretty close to the original explanation.  Maybe someone can confirm or clarify in the comments?
     I didn’t want to kill anyone due to the overuse of “cousins” this week.  They did mention it a couple of times, but really only in explaining Sid’s relationship with Chin and Kona. 
     I am glad Danno’s ex-wife decided to be reasonable regarding custody.  She should be thrilled that he wants to be an involved parent to their daughter, so much so that he moved to Hawaii to be near her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment