Tuesday, October 19, 2010

How I Met Your Mother/House/Mike & Molly/The Event/Hawaii Five-0/Castle

How I Met Your Mother – Architect of Destruction
     My favorite line of the night was that Architect of Destruction would be a great name for a wrestler.  I would have to agree with that.
     Jennifer Morrison guest starred as Zoey, whom Ted took a liking to upon meeting.  She was quirky, funny, and sweet, had some common interests with Ted, and was, of course, married.  At least she said she was married, but if she continues to show up, maybe we will find out she isn’t really married and has the potential to be the titular mother.
     The other amusing thing that happened was the men found out just how much women talk.  They discovered that Lily and Robin talk about their men, a lot.  It was funny that the guys didn’t know about it, or expect it.  I think they were right, that men talk more about acts and women talk more about specifics/actual men.

House – Unplanned Parenthood
     Well, Jennifer Grey seems to be making a bit of a comeback, between her current stint on Dancing With The Stars and now guest starring here.  I wish we had gotten more of the back story of why she and her older daughter were so alienated, but it wasn’t really relevant to the story.  The woman ended up dead, and it seems that her older daughter will be raising her baby sister.
     The story line with House and Wilson trying to make sure Cuddy’s daughter Rachel didn’t swallow a dime, and if she did, that she passed it and it didn’t become an obstruction.  Eventually they came to the conclusion that she didn’t swallow anything, only for her to later pass a dime, and then drop a dime on House when her mother asked her where she got a hold of a dime.

Mike & Molly – Carl is Jealous
     Carl was, at the title stated, jealous of Mike & Molly’s relationship.  They tried to set him up with Molly’s sister Victoria, but when they were out at a bar/restaurant, Michael Jordan walked by (sadly no cameo) and that was the last we saw of Victoria.  She took off with Michael Jordan. 
     Molly gave Mike the green light for finally having sex, and he came back into her house unannounced once he dropped Carl off.  Instead of getting with Molly, he got wacked in the head by her mother.  He had to go to the hospital instead of getting laid.  Eventually these two are finally going to get together that way, and it should be a great story.

The Event – Casualties of War
     The flight 514 survivors are all in quarantine because they are getting sick, and Thomas wants all of the Alaska detainees, especially Sophia, released.  He finally does get Sophia (but no one else) released by the President, in exchange for providing an antidote for the sickness that could kill the flight 514 survivors.
     Sean and Leila are finally back together.  It took blackmailing Vicky with the threat to expose her son, whom she adopted after she and her team killed the rest of his family, but he got her to let Leila go.  I am very curious to find out more about Vicky.  I want to know if she is human or alien, and who she is working with, or for.  I also really want to know why they are so interested in Sean.
     I try not to read commentary regarding the shows I watch until after I watch them, but today I read a recap on TWOP (Television Without Pity) that suggested that the President’s wife may be one of “them”.  I hadn’t thought of that before, but after watching her in this episode, with that thought it mind, I think it’s definitely a possibility.
     I feel like the pace is really picking up now, and I am enjoying this show a lot more.  I can’t wait to see how the two divergent storylines, that of Sean and that of the President, come together.  The show has received a pick up for the entire season, so at least season 1 will play out as the creators and writers envisioned.  I hope that means we get some resolution to some things before the season ends.

Hawaii Five-0 – Nalowale
     I have to wonder…  I read a blind item, months ago about an actor on a new series who kept going to the writers about what he wanted for his character romantically.  The blind item further said that romance wasn’t really planned for the character, because it wasn’t what this show was about.  At the time my first thought was this show, and after this week, I am thinking about that blind item again, and thinking it really could have been Alex O’Loughlin on this show.
     I am already beginning to be concerned that Kona will continue to be bait this season.  While I like seeing her kick ass, I also have concerns that they are going to rely on her being in some form of distress as a cover or distraction too often.  Men can be crime victims too, if the storyline is right.  They just need to think a bit more creatively to make that happen.

Castle – Anatomy of a Murder
     I loved this episode!  So many Grey’s Anatomy references and winks and nods really made me smile.
     I am so in love with Castle, and I guess by extension, Nathan Fillion.  I really enjoy the chemistry among all the main characters, and especially between Castle and Beckett.  I know they may, slowly, be moving to Castle and Beckett actually having a romance, but I really believe the hoping and waiting for them to find each other in that way is ½ the fun of this show.  If they get together, then breakup, the relationship will forever be changed, and not for the better, in my opinion.  I don’t want them to be with other people, but I don’t want them together either.
     The case was good; I always enjoy watching them figure out the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment