Wednesday, October 20, 2010

No Ordinary Family/Sons of Anarchy/Parenthood

No Ordinary Family – No Ordinary Vigilante
     I wish JJ would just tell his parents he has super brain power.  This trying to keep it a secret is just stupid.  What’s he going to do when they eventually do find out, and of course they will?  Then he looks even worse, because of all the time he’s lied to his parents.
     With everything that has happened this week with the vigilante who ended up getting shot and killed by police, I hope Jim steps back from his own vigilantism.
     Stephanie’s work stuff didn’t really advance this week.  The only thing we discovered is that it seems the miracle plant she is working with is responsible for the family’s superpower, something I kind of already had figured out.  I will be interested in finding out more about the doctor whose research she was looking at, the doctor she and Katie believe is dead.
     Daphne used her powers to get into a party she wasn’t invited to, then to try and buy alcohol.  She ended up getting arrested and grounded.  I totally understand what she did here, wanting to fit in, to be cool, to be part of the gang.  Totally get it, and I would have done at least the same in my high school years, if I could have.

Sons of Anarchy – Widening Gyre
     I thought this ep was most excellent.  I think we all figured Trinity was JT's daughter, but it was good to get confirmation.  I also thought Gemma already knew about Trinity, so that was a good surprise.  I wonder if Clay knows, and kept it from her?  I thought it was interesting that Gemma was fine with staying behind in Charming until she talked to Maureen and found out about Trinity.  I think there is going to be a HUGE smackdown coming between Gemma and UK Gemma.  Also hope they tell Jax about Trinny being his sister BEFORE he tries to sleep with her.
     I was glad that Opie actually mentioned to Jax that he better have “wrapped his shit” because someone really needed to tell Jax that unprotected sex is not cool.  Not to mention, he already has one son, and possibly another child on the way, he certainly doesn’t need another one with Ima skank.  I was happy to see Lyla smack Ima... at least we know Lyla wasn't trying to help her get with Jax, and so does Tara.
     I am really loving this season.  I can’t wait for them all to get to Belfast and find out that McGee is in deep with Jimmy, right alongside Liam.  I do not believe the VP of SoA Belfast is in with Jimmy, and we saw tonight what happens when the President is stripped of his patch and his cut.  I just want to know how and why McGee, one of the original 9, is working with Jimmy against SAMCRO.  
     Somehow I almost forgot to mention:  I absolutely LOVED Margaret Murphy slugging Tara!  It was perfect for the storyline, for what Tara needed to be believable, and I am sure it felt great to Margaret to be able to let out some of her pent up hostility and frustration with Tara in that single moment.  And I totally agreed that they never would have believed Gemma didn't hit Tara, I was thinking that the entire time they were saying goodbye.

Parenthood – Orange Alert
     In the interest of honesty, I have to say that I hate Halloween; it is my least favorite holiday of the year.  That said, I liked this episode, and enjoyed all the costumes and hoopla. 
     I thought Sarah was great in the episode and am starting to warm to her having a relationship with her boss, Gordon.   We got a bit of insight into his back story, and found out his ex-wife was a drinker.  He was so good with both Amber and her friend, and it was nice to see a bit of his vulnerability.  I think they would be a good team.
     Kristina made trick or treating more complicated and stressful than it needed to be, but I do understand that she has to look out for Max’s best interests.  I was glad he actually made it through the night with only a minor meltdown, and it was over the fact that if the younger kids could go to the scariest house in the neighborhood he should be able to as well.  Then he did, and with all of Kristina and Adam’s worrying, he did fine.  It was a win for him, for sure.
     I loved Zeke’s reason for being so into Halloween and that it wasn’t just about the kids, candy, and pageantry of it.  He had a heartfelt, deeply emotional reason for loving the holiday, and it was a very sweet story he told.
     Crosby proposed to Jasmine, and we were left with the cliffhanger of whether she is going to accept.  I hope she says yes, but it won’t surprise me if she says no.  I don’t think she believes Crosby is mature enough to settle down, and I personally don’t think she is either.  We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment