Tuesday, October 12, 2010

How I Met Your Mother/House/Mike & Molly/Castle/Hawaii Five-0/The Event

How I Met Your Mother – Subway Wars
     The return of Ranjit!!!  He may be my favorite recurring character.  Maury Povich showing up in everyone’s portion of the race also really cracked me up.  This whole episode really made me laugh and harkened back to the strong episodes of the earliest seasons.
     It was nice that everyone got what they needed from the race, and even nicer that the show made me laugh all the way through.  No one was too obnoxious, or too annoying, and they all had just the right amount of what makes each of the characters who they are.  I really enjoyed this episode a lot.

House – Massage Therapy
     The patient of the week lied, and lied, and lied.  She ended up being a schizophrenic who didn’t want her husband to know about her disease, but they went through several mistaken diagnosis before they discovered the truth, because she just wouldn’t tell the truth.
     Chase really did want to sleep with the new hire, even though he spent the entire episode, until his last scene, denying it.
     House gave up his prostitute masseuse, and Cuddy decided to let him into her, thus far this year absent, daughter’s life.  I don’t see this going well, since House doesn’t really strike me as a kid-friendly guy.
     I wasn’t overly impressed with this episode.  I didn’t really enjoy it, and the conflicts all felt really forced. 

Mike & Molly – Mike’s Not Ready
     Mike and Molly really need to work on their communication skills.  Mike turned down Molly’s invitation to come in after their third date, and Molly’s feelings got so hurt, she told him she didn’t want to see him anymore.  Mike finally admitted to Carl that he is uncomfortable taking his clothes off in front of Molly.  Then the guys all went over to Molly’s so Mike could try and explain, even though he was intoxicated.  He did get to tell her, and then he passes out in her window.  It was cute, and I know I keep saying it, but I really like their relationship.

Castle – Punked
     Castle believes there is a time-traveling killer.  The lead ball that killed the victim was around 200 years old. 
     Esposito got man-handled by a suspect, and poor Jon Huertas spent his scenes in the entire episode in a neck brace.  It was a funny bit, and it made me smile throughout the episode.  Every time he had to turn around, it was just funny.
     I loved seeing Rick and Alexis’ relationship.  I think they are written and acted so well, it is really sweet.
     Castle in steampunk garb was very cool.  Does this whole steampunk underground society really exist?
     The small tribute paid to Stephen J Cannell at the end was very sweet and well done.
     I have now placed Nathan Fillion on my laminated list.  He is just a great actor, comes across as very likeable and charming, and is someone I would love to have a beer with, if nothing else.

Hawaii Five-0 – Lanakila
     Balthazar Getty plays a bad guy this week, and he looked ridiculous with his orange-blond hair.  It was supposed to be a “prison trick” dye job, so I guess it worked for the character, but it was just terrible.
     I enjoyed watching Daniel Dae Kim trekking through the jungle, it was reminiscent of his time on Lost, and he even stated that on his Twitter account.  It reminded me of how much I miss that show.
     McGarrett’s sister Mary showed up in this ep, and she is being played by Taryn Manning, who also plays Cherry on Sons of Anarchy.  I don’t know if she is staying in Hawaii, if she will be a bigger character on the show, or if it was just a plot point that will be dropped quickly.  I am interested in her relationship with her brother though, they seem to love each other but not really know each other very well.
     Beyond that, this episode did very little to hold my attention. 

The Event – A Matter of Life and Death
     Sophia gave Thomas up to the President.  Now they just need to find him.
     All the plane passengers who came back from “death” began to get nose bleeds.
     Leila finally escaped, after shooting Vicky.  Sean needs to get a charger for his cell phone ASAP.  Of course it’s the worst timing in the world for his battery to die.  Then we find out her entire escape is part of a plan to get her to call Sean and bring him to them.
     I am tiring of the flashbacks, mainly because they are starting to feel like filler.  They don’t seem necessary to advance the plot at all, although I have to wonder if the bottle of scotch Sean and Michael shared may have some significance later, since they focused on the label for several seconds.  Could it be scotch from the other world, wherever Sophia and her people are from?  I still have my suspicions that Michael is one of them.
     What is it about Sean that is so special, that they want him dead?
     I want more information about Sophia and her people.  I want to know about what their time in captivity in Alaska has been like. 

1 comment:

  1. Can we just have an episode of popular television that does NOT portray massage therapists, masseuses, masseurs, etc. as sex providers?!?!? I automatically dislike any show that continues to promote this stereotype. I know that there are people out there that do that, but COME ON! Some of us are professionals, ethical and deserving of respect, dammit!

    Other than that, a great night of TV. :-p

    ReplyDelete