Friday, October 8, 2010

Big Bang Theory/Vampire Diaries/Grey's Anatomy/Private Practice/Fringe/The Mentalist

The Big Bang Theory – The Zazzy Substitution
     Sheldon and Amy stopped seeing each other when they reached an impass over who’s research and career was more important than the other.  Then Sheldon adopted a bunch of cats, and Leonard gets worried enough to call Sheldon’s mother.  I love when either Laurie Metcalf or Christine Baranski come to BBT as Sheldon’s or Leonard’s mother.  They are so the opposite of each of their sons, it’s always fun to watch them interact. 
     Sheldon and Amy decided to resume their friendship when Sheldon’s mother said she didn’t approve of Amy.  She was right, it was the way most guys, especially most sons, would react.

The Vampire Diaries – Kill or Be Killed
     If Caroline dies, will Ty turn into a werewolf, since his car accident is what set the whole arc in motion?  When that girl fell down the stairs, I thought for sure she was going to be dead and he would have triggered the curse.
     Mason told Sherriff Liz that Damon and Stefan are vampires.  Then Liz watched as Damon reacted to the vervain laced lemonade.  I felt badly for her in that moment,  she really likes Damon, thinks of him as her friend, and for her to discover he’s a vampire really shook her to her core.  Then she and her cop buddies shot both Damon and Stefan and I didn’t feel sorry for her anymore.
     I love that Caroline came through for Elena, Stefan, and Damon.  Now they have to keep Liz locked up until the vervain leaves her system, and then Damon can compel her to forget what she knows.  And Caroline needs to figure out how to either avoid or lie to Katherine.  Neither option is going to be easy for her.
     I absolutely did not see Mason and Katherine working together!  That was a total shock for me.  I think it’s a great twist, and can’t wait to see where that takes us.
     WHAT????  No new ep next week?  I hate when we have off weeks this early in the season.  I understand they have to happen, but so soon sucks.

Grey’s Anatomy – Superfreak
     I had a difficult time watching this ep, because the featured disease of the man with the growths is one of those diseases that completely freaks me out.  Then the spider crawled of one of his horns during surgery and that grossed me out even more.  I will admit though, that it was pretty funny that it happened, and Bailey freaked out about the spider, just as she was lecturing her interns about being able to deal with whatever the human body throws at them.
     Cristina’s flaming out is concerning.  Thank God for Derek’s patience and desire to get her back on track.  He knows he owes her his life, and he wants to give hers back to her.  I am glad he was able to help her get started on the road back.
     Random thoughts:  I hope Teddy’s shrink boyfriend can figure out a way to stick around.  I love April’s revelations at the table over drinks.  I am glad the chief rode the elevator with Alex to get him over his fear.  I was shocked the tree man’s wife left him the way she did.  I am sad that Lexi went to Mark’s, just in time to see him hooking up with Derek’s sister Amelia.  I really like Mark and Lexi together and want that to happen.

Private Practice – Playing God
     I wasn’t overly thrilled with the episode.  I didn’t think the flashbacks were necessary and the first one was a bit confusing, until I realized that was Sam and it was a flashback.  I am glad Sam got some closure on his past and on the accident that killed Del and injured Maya.
     There was a lot of non-communication in the episode, and it was good when people started opening up with each other about what they were going through individually.  I hope it’s the beginning of healing, and not the beginning of the end, especially for Na and Addie.

Fringe – The Plateau
     Back in the alternate world for this episode, with Walternate and our Olivia who thinks she is their Olivia.  This show just gets more and more difficult to write about, with two different worlds and people who exist in both.
     I am glad Olivia is seeing visions of Peter and Walter.  They are her touchstones to our universe and as long as she sees them, a part of our Olivia still exists inside the mind that has been overlaid with Fauxlivia’s mind. 
     I actually ended up feeling badly for the villain of this episode.  None of what happened to him was his fault, but the way he dealt with it is what made him a villain.  He went from being mentally challenged with a deficit to being mentally challenged with too much brain-power, unable to communicate on a level where anyone but a machine would be able to understand him.  I can’t imagine that would be a great way to live either.

The Mentalist – The Blood on His Hands
     I understand that the Red John thread was probably a big selling point when they sold this show originally, but I am ready for it to be solved.  It’s not really necessary anymore, Patrick would likely stay with CBI as a consultant even if they catch Red John. 
     I am very close to believing that Bret Stiles, the creepy head of the religious sect/cult investigated in this episode IS Red John.  He obviously knows who Red John is, has some contact with him, at least.  Malcolm McDowell plays a great creepy guy, and just his casting sheds a dark pale on the Stiles character.
     I don’t really care about Kristina, and whether or not she ever recovers from whatever Red John did to her.  The only reason I care is because I want Patrick to catch Red John, and she could help with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment