Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Glee/No Ordinary Family/Sons of Anarchy/Parenthood

Glee – Grilled Cheesus
     Mark Salling sang my favorite Billy Joel song tonight, and I just love his voice.  He has a CD coming out soon, not related to Glee, and I think I have to buy it.
     Then, just like that, this episode took a very scary turn.  I love Kurt and his dad, and their relationship with each other.  I am so glad he seems to be coming out of his coma and, hopefully, recovering.
     Even Sue broke my heart this episode talking about praying for her sister to get better, and her not getting any better.  When she is real, when she talks about her relationship with her sister, Sue is an amazing person.  I thought it was great that her sister told her she does believe in God, and God doesn’t make mistakes.
     Kurt’s rendition of “I Wanna Hold Your Hand” had me weeping, as did Mercedes church rendition of “Bridge Over Troubled Waters”.  I spent a good portion of this episode crying, actually. 
     If Chris Colfer doesn’t win an Emmy for this episode I will honestly be really surprised.  He was nominated this year, although he didn’t win, and I believe this episode was stronger for him than anything he did last season.

No Ordinary Family – No Ordinary Marriage
     I am annoyed that Stephanie and Jim didn’t immediately figure out that JJ’s new math ability IS his ability.  How is it that they are so oblivious to what has happened to him, when the rest of the family has manifested their abilities.  His just took a bit longer to kick in, but shouldn’t that have been their first thought?  Instead they, especially Jim, were so quick to believe he was cheating.
     Now we know that the company Stephanie works for is somehow involved or responsible for not only their powers, but powers anyone else may exhibit. 
     I didn’t expect Detective Cho to be killed.  I thought she was going to end up believing Jim, and being his “inside man”, helping him gain access to crimes and covering up his involvement in capturing criminals. 
     I think it may be bad that I like the two “sidekicks” better than I like the family a lot of the time.  I like the actors, but am not thrilled with the characters they portray.  Both Stephanie and Jim seem way too self-involved most of the time for my tastes.

Sons of Anarchy – Turning and Turning
     Gemma’s awake, and PISSED, and worried about what Jax may find out in Belfast. 
     I am wondering if Maureen’s daughter is JT’s daughter, Jax’s half-sister.  I sure does seem like that could be a possibility.
     Tara is pregnant.  I have no idea how Jax is going to deal with that news.  I hope he doesn’t find out until after they get Abel back.  The timing couldn’t be worse.
     Jax made a deal with the devil.  I only hope she will follow through with what he promised him.  I thought this was a strong episode, and it’s the ep that will push us forward through the rest of the season.  I also wonder how getting Juice’s cut back will fall into the next few episodes, because it will.  There is no way they will let something like that go.

Parenthood – Date Night
     I liked the episode more than either of the two episodes prior this season.  It was less angst-filled, and much less stressful to watch.  I felt like this episode justified sitting through the last two for me, because it got back to the little things I enjoy.  It’s nice to see the relationships actually working, instead of everyone yelling at each other.  Even Jasmine’s mother, Renee, and Crosby got along in this episode! 

No comments:

Post a Comment